Mughalai Paratha Chaat | Sunita Sharma
Whenever Mughalai paratha chaat comes to mind our mouth becomes watery. I use to visit my elder sisters home in each every vacations of my children. I learned this dish from my sister’s daughter. Now I make this dish myself for my children. Both of my sons love mughalai paratha chaat very much. I’d love to share this recipe with you.
Mughlai paratha was one of those mughlai recipes that entered in undivided Bengal during the Mughal Empire. Mughal rule mostly influenced the cuisine of Dhaka than rural Bangladesh. During British Rule, it became a popular tiffin snack in Calcutta.
- 2 Cup finely ground flour (maida).
- 1 ½ cup Gram flour (besan).
- 6-7 potatoes.
- 1 Cup oil.
- 2 Cup fresh curd.
2 gherkin (kheera), 4 tomatoes, 4 onions, coriander, fine chopped green chilli, sev, tomato sauce, salt to taste, chaat masala to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Mix ground flour (maida) with water well then cover it with lid for 5 min.
- Take a bowl and make semi liquid mix of gram flour(besan) and water and salt to taste.( for making chila)
- Boil the potatoes and mesh the boiled potatoes then add red chillypowder turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Take a non-stick pan pre-heatit after that add oil, after oil gets warm add gram flour and water mix on the pan spread the mix evenly on the pan. Remember that the chila we obtain from pan should be stewed for one side only.
- Make roti of the ground flour mix. It should be in the size of the chila we made on the last part.
- When our gram flour chila is ready keep it in the pan only then add potato we made on point 3, spread it evenly on the pan.
- Then on the top of potatoes place the ground flour Paratha we made. It should look like sandwich.
- Then turn the parathawe made the ground flour (maida) should be downside now.
- After both the sides of the parathagets stewed, carefully lift the paratha from the pan and put it in the serving plate.
- Add curd evenly on the sandwich.
- Add chopped gherkin (kheera).
- Add chopped onions.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add green chutney.
- Spread fine sev, green coriander, salt to taste, chat masala, green chilli.
Notes (Do’s and don’ts):
- The pan should not be too hot.
- Ground flour (maida) & gram flour (besan) chila should be stewed from one side only.
- Mesh ground flour 15 min before.
For 4 persons.
Hi! My name is sunita sharma. I am a housewife and i love to cook for my family, my other hobbies include playing cricket. I am a big Sachin Tendulkar fan.