Veg Kadhai Biryani | Surjeet Sharma
Biryani is an evergreen classic that really needs no introduction. India offers so much on its culinary platter but the one dish Indians unanimously love indulging in is the mouth-watering biryani. With local and hyper-local variations having evolved into distinctive styles of biryanis, one is spoilt for options when it comes to experiencing this melting pot of flavors.
Click Here to know more about biryanis.
So, lets start this veg kadhai biryani recipe:
- 2 Onions Chopped.
- 2 Green Chilli Chopped.
- 1 Carrot (Chopped).
- 3 Small Boiled Potatoes (Mashed)
- 1 Cup Green Peas.
- 1/2 Small Cabbage (Chopped).
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard and cumin seeds.
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste.
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder and Biryani Masala.
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder.
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala (Optional).
- Salt to Taste.
Method of Preparation:
- Take 3-4 regular spoon of oil in a kadhai and heat for two or three minutes add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Take two chopped onions and fry until red in color.
- Add chopped green chilli and ginger garlic paste and cook properly.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until the oil is separated from the ingredients.
- Now add all the rest of the spices included in this recipe into the mixture.
- Add one cup of water in it (100-150 ml.)
- Now add chopped cabbage in it and allow to cook completely.
- Add Boiled chopped boiled potatoes, carrot, peas and cook them in medium flame sprinkle salt as per taste for veggies.
- Add one of water again (100-150 ml.) and put the lid on until water is vaporized.
- Take 400gms. of pre-cooked rice and add in the kadhai and mix well and add salt to taste.
- Garnish well with chopped coriander leaves.
Notes (Do's and Don'ts):
- Rice should be cooked properly.
- Oil should not be excessive.
- Wash the veggies before cooking.
- Vegetables should not be over cooked and chopped properly.
Hi! I am Surjeet Sharma. I Have a family of 4 people, My loving husband who always support me, A daughter who always helps me on a daily basis and A sweet son who loves me alot. My hobbies includes cooking, Gardening, Feeding Stray Dogs Etc. I don't like spicy food.