Wood Apple Juice | Amita Agrawal
I saw my mother eating wood apple. She gave me some to eat but I hated the taste of it. One fine day she made juice and told me it's orange juice and after taking a sip, I suddenly realized that is not orange juice and it is something else but it was better than orange juice so after finishing it. I asked my mother, "What is this?". She said," 'It is the same fruit's juice which you did not like earlier". It was WOOD APPLE JUICE. I loved the divine taste of that juice and asked my mother to teach me it's magical recipe.
Apart from the mouth watering taste ,there are many health benefits of wood apple.In summer,it will keep our stomach cool and filled, and guard us against the summer heat.
- One Wood Apple.
- 6-9 TSP Sugar.
- Black Salt.
- Black Pepper.
- 1/2 Lemon.
- 1 TSP Chat Masala (Optional).
- Mint Leaves
Method to Prepare:
- Crack open the Wood apple and scrap out its entire pulp using a spoon.
- Take water in a bowl and put the pulp in it.
- Mash the pulp in water.
- Use a Strainer and strain the entire thick pulpy juice into large bowl, you many need to tap, stir, and press down the pulp with a spatula to completely extract the juice.
- Add more water according to the consistency you like.
- Now add black salt, black pepper, sugar, half lemon and chat masala and mix it well.
- Pour the prepared mixture in a glass.
- Cut a slice of remaining half lemon and make a cut in the slice then fix the slice on the top of the glass.
- Add mint leaves.
- Add some ice cubes and your wood apple juice is ready to serve.
Notes (Do's and Don'ts):
- Do not increase the quantity of chat masala in the juice it may ruin the taste of this juice.
- Do not crush the mint leaves
Hi! My name is Amita Agrawal and I love cooking and eating new dishes. I am a Travel bug and like to meet new people. I love my family and I always say whatever may happen family always comes first.
Connect with her via: